EFFECTIVE DATE: May 24, 2023
The Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services directly from you when you provide it to us or from third parties, as well as automatically through your use of the Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You
You may browse the Site and access the Database without registering with us or providing us personal information. You may also directly provide us with your personal information in the following ways:
- Website Forms. You may provide us with your personal information by filling in forms on the Site. Such information you provide may include your name, email address, phone number, organization name, and other organizational information (including but not limited to contact name, title, email address, mission statement and budget). When completing such forms, you may have the option to include the provided information in our Database.
- Supplemental Sources. If you provide us with your information for inclusion in our Database, we may access publicly available information to supplement the information provided for inclusion in the Database. Such publicly available information may include number of employees, revenue and expenses, populations served and areas of focus.
- Email Communications and Newsletters. You may provide us with your email address in order to receive newsletter or other communications. We may collect information from you through records and copies of correspondence with you, including email addresses.
You may provide information to be published or displayed (“posted”) on public areas of the Site, including in the Database. Such information is posted on the Site and/or in the Database and transmitted to the public at your own risk. If you are providing information on behalf of an organization or third parties in connection with using the Services, you are responsible for ensuring that you have all required permissions and consents to provide such information to us for use in connection with the Services and that our use of such information to provide the Services does not violate any applicable law, rule, regulation or order.
Information We Collect Automatically
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including personal information, for the following purposes:
- Provide Our Services. We use your personal information to provide the Services and their contents, interact with the communications you provide to us, communicate with you about your use of our Services, send you news and newsletters, respond to your inquiries, provide customer service and other information you request from us and fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it or for which you have consented.
- Provide Personalized Services. We may use your personal information to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- Improve and Develop Our Services. We use your personal information to: (a) ensure the Services are working as intended; (b) operate the Services; (c) better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated basis, (d) develop, maintain, protect and improve our Services, and (e) perform research and analytics, including to analyze and report on usage and performance of our Services.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Consent. Where you have provided consent, we share your information, including personal information, as described at the time of consent.
- Provided Purpose. We may disclose the personal information we collect from you to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- Database Inclusion. If you have provided us with information to be included in the Database, we will post such information in the Database for public view and access.
- Change of Control. We may disclose the personal information we collect from you to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of TAAF’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by TAAF about our Site or Database users is among the assets transferred.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena or any other government or regulatory request.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users and their use of the Services with third parties and publicly for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Please note that, except as noted above, we will not sell or share your personal information with third parties without your consent.
Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies), but such disabling may impair use of the Services.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Pages of the Site and the Database and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit TAAF, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third Party Analytics
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented measures designed to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
What Rights Do I Have Regarding My Personal Information?
You may request access, a copy, modification or deletion of personal information that you have submitted to us and/or information included in our Database by contacting us at email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests to the extent required by law, provided that we may be required to retain personal information to comply with legal obligations, accounting requirements, or for other business purposes. We may request additional information to verify the identity of the requesting party before responding to a request. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site and the Database for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information for Marketing?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about the Services which you have requested or received from us.
Children under the Age of 16
The Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Site or the Database. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Site or the Database or through any of their features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.
Location of Personal Information
Our Services are offered from the United States. We store any personal information we collect in the United States. If you access the Services from outside the United States, you agree to the transfer of your information to the United States, which may have less protections for your personal information than your jurisdiction of residence.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.